UNIFYCRAFT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IP: unifycraft.mine.bz

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chat plugin

Go down 
3 posters

Chat Plugin needed?
Agree.
Chat plugin Vote_lcap100%Chat plugin Vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
Unnecessary
Chat plugin Vote_lcap0%Chat plugin Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Lazaro170

Lazaro170

Viestien lukumäärä : 47

Chat plugin Empty
PostSubject: Chat plugin   Chat plugin EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:30 am

With the increased level of players on the server...
chat has begun to be so full of large amounts of people talking....
I mean yeah I don't got anything against that it's just it starts to become annoying as well as insufficient as well as ineffective to talk on it.

I mean 1 player asks for help and no mod can response because in under like 5 secs it's covered up by people talking...

This leads new players to "Spam" for attention and just ruins the minecraft experience.

I was wondering if Hell could add some sort of chat plugin that isn't optional but FORCED.

Kinda like teamspeaker but without audio ( kinda of that group system )

In a way so that when you first log in you get a list of chats open.

Example.

"Please do /c list for available chats"

In which case there would be chats like "Help" "Public" "Starters" "Vip" "EP" ( experienced players ) and even "friends", if it's possible to add people to some sort of friend list.

Each chat would be manged by a mod or someone that could be trusted to watch over it

Also some private chats BUT that when saying some sort of keywords like "hack" "Spawn" or curse words that the plugin would inform all online mods on what chat that took place.

Maybe even different language chats so that people who just want to speak another language can do so without being bother by other people who cant understand

Broadcast would tell everyone who's online and could be used to run events smoother. ( by adding temporally chats )

In conclusion some sort of filtering/grouping/modern chat plugin that would reduce just the jungle of words we all have to read through.

and on a final note. Even tho like 10-20 people isn't really THAT much soon or later it's going to be a mayor problem..

I hope you can sorta understand what i'm getting at. I'm also trying to find a plugin that can do that and be easy to use...

If anyone has any more suggestions please don't hesitate to say them here.
Back to top Go down
LopeZ
Owner

Viestien lukumäärä : 25
Ikä : 26

Chat plugin Empty
PostSubject: I agree.   Chat plugin EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:08 am

That's pretty good idea , we do have /helpop Command , it shows red colored help message .
But it's true that it covers up in few seconds when we have more players . One option would be coloring text , but it would be very difficult if one '' default '' player
needs help and asks it , it's still hard to spot the message if there is lots of default players which are colored with same color.

Second problem is really those who talks different languages ( not english ) , we need different '' chat rooms '' for those players .
It's really annoyning to tell them to avoid using different language , if they spam their language in that tiny chatbox ...

I agree , we need somekind of chat plugin that allows you to switch channels.

~ LopeZ
Back to top Go down
https://unifycraft.palstani.com/
-HellShell-
Owner
-HellShell-

Viestien lukumäärä : 48
Ikä : 29

Chat plugin Empty
PostSubject: That's true   Chat plugin EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:33 am

You are right Lazaro.

Today there was almost 20 players logged in at same time, and like half was new players.
I can code that type of plugin in few days, but i think there is already some good chat plugins.
But before adding any chat plugin in main Unifycraft server, i need to test it. Just in case there can be bugs that like messages doesn't shown in server console. (What is very important to me, when solving things, like who was hacking)

Back to top Go down
Lazaro170

Lazaro170

Viestien lukumäärä : 47

Chat plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat plugin   Chat plugin EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:42 am

HellShell© wrote:
You are right Lazaro.

Today there was almost 20 players logged in at same time, and like half was new players.
I can code that type of plugin in few days, but i think there is already some good chat plugins.
But before adding any chat plugin in main Unifycraft server, i need to test it. Just in case there can be bugs that like messages doesn't shown in server console. (What is very important to me, when solving things, like who was hacking)

Well coding a plugin would be amazing
I do think there's plugins out there like that and im searching.

Thanks for understanding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chat plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat plugin   Chat plugin Empty

Back to top Go down

Chat plugin
Page 1 of 1